Outcomes Research Fellowship
St. Louis College of Pharmacy at UHSP is currently accepting applicants for its two-year Outcomes Research Fellowship. Fellowship candidates must demonstrate strong potential for establishing a vigorous independent research program.
About the Fellowship
Students taking part in the fellowship program receive training and gain a wealth of experience in:
- Study design and methodology
- Statistical analysis and software
- Abstract and manuscript preparation
- Presentation preparation for scientific meetings
- Grant writing
- Budget preparation and management
- Human subjects’ protection and the institutional review process
- Career development and structured mentoring
Research and Scholarly Opportunities
Fellowship participants will have the opportunity to participate in a significant amount of scholarly activity with special emphasis placed on health outcomes research, including pharmacoepidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, drug utilization and safety, and comparative effectiveness.
In addition, participants will gain the skills and knowledge needed to excel in clinical research through graduate coursework and structured professional development activities, while also having the chance to contribute to didactic and experiential courses taught as part of St. Louis College of Pharmacy’s flagship Doctor of Pharmacy program.
Interested applicants should possess:
- A Doctor of Pharmacy
- Strong interpersonal skills with outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated support for diversity, equity and inclusion
- The ability to incorporate diversity, cultural competency or social justice into teaching research or service
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and statistical analysis software
- Strong time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments and projects