Center for Health Outcomes Research and Education
The St. Louis College of Pharmacy Center for Health Outcomes Research and Education at UHSP was established in November 2016 with support from Express Scripts Foundation.
With a mission focused on improving the value of local health care by providing an environment for collaboration, innovation, learning and creativity, the center works to develop research-focused partnerships with educational networks, locally affiliated health care systems, community organizations, state agencies, and national and international institutions.
Through its collaborative efforts with institutions like Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, St. Louis University, BJC HealthCare and Express Scripts Inc., the center is working to build project-based datasets to support community-wide information exchange and research capacity.
The areas of research interest at the center include:
- Health disparities in sepsis
- Outcomes in metastatic prostate cancer
- Pharmacoeconomic analyses
- Social and behavioral aspects of health care and pharmacy
- Antimicrobial stewardship and resistance prevention
- The role of community health workers in addressing health disparities
Meet the Center Faculty
Scott Micek, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCCCP
Dr. Micek’s research interests are focused on the antimicrobial management of critically ill patients utilizing electronic health records.
Scott Griggs, Pharm.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Griggs' primary research interests include pharmacoeconomics and health outcomes, the social and behavioral aspects of pharmacy, entrepreneurship, medication errors and the future of pharmacy and health care.
Besu Teshome, Pharm.D., M.Sc., BCPS
Dr. Teshome’s areas of specialty include information mastery, internal medicine and infectious diseases outcomes research.
Harrison Yoon, Pharm.D.
Outcomes Research Fellow
Dr. Yoon has conducted and designed prospective and retrospective cohort studies in a range of patient populations, including those with metastatic prostate cancer, individuals with critical illness due to infection and bone marrow transplant recipients.
Outcomes Research Fellowship
St. Louis College of Pharmacy at University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis is currently accepting applicants for its two-year Outcomes Research Fellowship. Fellowship candidates must demonstrate strong potential for establishing a vigorous independent research program.
In the News
See recent stories highlighting the Center for Health Outcomes Research and Education and its faculty members.
- Teshome Receives the Joe E. Haberle Outstanding Educator Award for St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- Faculty Profile: Scott Griggs
- Explore. Discover. Innovate. A Student’s Research Journey
- Center for Health Outcomes Research and Education Partners with MPA on CDC Grant
- UHSP Places Fourth in National Research Competition
- Juang and Micek Receive Grant from Merck and Co.
- Student Pursues Global Leadership Opportunities
- Members of the UHSP Community Receive 2020 Missouri Pharmacy Awards
- Teshome Named MSHP Preceptor of the Year
- Professional Students Present Research on the National Stage
- Faculty Findings on Antibiotic Resistance in Critically Ill Patients Published in Pharmacotherapy
- Informed Health Care
- Patient Focused