Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Library
Published on 09 August 2016
In celebration of National Book Lovers day, check out the top 10 reasons to visit the STLCOP library over the summer!
- Knowledge is power so check out a book! This may seem like an obvious reason to visit the library, but the possibilities are endless when you in stick your nose to the pages.
- There are more than 1,000 DVDs to choose from in the College’s library (that’s not including the interlibrary loan service). Whether you’re having a Harry Potter marathon or want to watch a new release like “Deadpool,” you’re sure to find the perfect complement to your popcorn.
- Beat the heat at the library. With the seemingly endless stacks of books, you’ll find plenty of reasons to stay indoors on a sweltering summer day.
- There's a great selection of children’s books to keep little ones entertained. Borrow a book and read to children at your local hospital.
- Save money. It might be easier to buy a book off Amazon or rent a movie from Redbox, but you will save your hard-earned cash by borrowing a book or DVD.
- Looking for the perfect magazine to read this summer? Look no further, the library has a collection of newspapers and magazines perfect for perusing on a lazy, summer day.
- Want to watch Nextflix? Take advantage of the library’s comfortable couches and Wi-Fi for all of your video-streaming needs.
- Get ahead on your research. School starts in two weeks so take advantage of the library’s online databases. Search through a collection of ebooks and journals or request research materials from another library through MOBIUS or the InterLibrary Loan.
- Chat with the librarians. The College's librarians are dedicated to serving students and are happy to provide library instruction, research guides and assistance navigating the online catalog. You can even recommend a book or DVD for the library’s collection.
- Looking for adventure? The library has guides for traveling around the world. Prep for a road trip across the country, find ways to save money, and get inside tips.