Benefits of Living on Campus
Living on campus provides you with access to support resources, developmental opportunities and makes you a part of a community that will provide lifelong relationships and memories. These experiences make living on campus a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Here are a few of the countless benefits of living on campus:
- Higher satisfaction and GPAs: According to the American Council on Education, students who live on campus are more satisfied with their college experience and earn higher GPAs.
- Convenience: In less than five minutes, students can be anywhere on campus—classes, cafeteria, library, bookstore, friends’ rooms and campus offices.
- Cost: Everything is included when students live on campus, including electricity, movie-streaming services, Wi-Fi, cable, furniture and a supportive staff that will assist students at any time. Students will also save money by not having to commute.
- Connection: Living on campus gives students an opportunity to better connect with the campus community and build relationships.
- Support: Living on campus offers students the emotional, social and academic support needed to succeed. Ten trained peer resident assistants, plus faculty, staff, professional counselors and administrators are available and close by.
- Safety: Both residence halls are card-access only and campus is staffed 24 hours per day, seven days per week by public safety officers.
- Network: Living alongside future health care leaders provides students with a built-in professional network after graduation.