- Founded in 1864
- Our founders include founding father, Eugene Massot, an apothecary from Kentucky, and four of his medical colleagues.
- Mission: University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis provides an inclusive, supportive and enriching environment for growth, learning and leadership to prepare our students, residents, faculty staff and alumni to positively impact patients and society.
- Vision: University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis will be a globally prominent leader in pharmacy and health care education, interprofessional, patient-centered care and collaborative research.
- Total enrollment: 1,195
- 61% female
- 39% male
- 33 states represented
- 25 countries represented
- Pharmacy Pathways
- Undergraduate Entry
- 6-Year Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- 7-Year B.S. and Pharm.D.
- Professional Entry
- 4-Year Pharm.D.
- Undergraduate Entry
- Undergraduate Majors
- Biomedical Sciences
- Global Health
- Medical Humanities (Emphases in Health Care Communication and Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Nursing (in partnership with Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (Emphases in Health Humanities and Health Sciences)
- Graduate and Professional Opportunities
- Global Health (M.S.) beginning fall 2021
- Medicinal Chemistry (M.S.) beginning fall 2021
- Business Administration (Integrated Pharm.D./MBA) in partnership with University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Dental Medicine (DMD) in partnership with A.T. Still University Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Occupational Therapy (M.S. or OTD) in partnership with Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Physical Therapy (DPT) in partnership with Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
Activities and Organizations
- The University offers more than 65 student organizations, 40 interest- and cultural-based groups and 10 intramural and club sports for students to get involved in.
- Students can also take part in music ensembles and theater productions, on-campus leadership opportunities and a variety of campus traditions including UHSP C.A.R.E.S., the Holiday Dance, the Watermelon Bash and the Annual Student Variety Show.
- For the 2019-20 academic year, undergraduate tuition and fees was $41,069, and professional tuition and fees was $49,226.
- In 2019-20, 95.6% of students received financial aid
- In 2019-20, the University awarded nearly $6.4 million in institutional aid
- In a 2019 study from the Georgetown University Center on Education, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis was ranked No. 1 in the nation for return on investment at 15 and 20 years after enrollment among the top tier of colleges and universities across the country for return on investment in bachelor’s degrees.
- The University is home to 13 NAIA Division I sports teams.
- In 2019, the University announced the introduction of esports as a varsity sport for the 2020-21 academic year.
- During 2019, the University was the top-ranked private college of pharmacy in the nation for National Institutes of Health grants, and ranked 25th among all U.S. pharmacy schools for NIH funding during 2019.
- During 2019, the University was ranked among the top 50 colleges of pharmacy in the nation for total federal research awards in the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy’s Funded Research Grant Institutional Rankings Report.
- In spring 2020, the St. Louis Business Journal ranked the University No. 3 on its list of the region’s largest National Institutes of Health award recipients for 2019.
- The University has 7,913 living alumni across the globe.
- University alumni currently practice in 49 states and 14 countries.