Applied Behavioral Sciences
The Bachelor of Arts in Applied Behavioral Sciences program brings together multiple social disciplines to examine human behaviors and decision-making processes, as well as the relationship between individuals and broader society.
To see a sample plan of study, download the Behavioral Sciences profile.
This program will be offered beginning in fall 2022 pending final approval by our regional accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission.
About the Program
The program pulls from psychology, sociology, health care communication, economics and anthropology to give students an understanding of human behavior and complex social issues. You can use the knowledge gained through this program to develop solutions for real-world social problems in a variety of fields, from education and counseling to criminal justice and health services.
After graduation, you’ll be ready to jumpstart your career in health or market research, urban planning, substance abuse prevention and treatment, community or global health, and more.
In our applied behavioral sciences program, you’ll build the skills you need to succeed, including:
- Ability to identify biological, psychological and sociological factors that influence behavior
- Ability to develop a willingness to question assumptions and consider alterative interpretations
- Ability to apply concepts, theories and perspectives from the behavioral sciences to new and complex situations
- An understanding of the scientific method and commitment to using evidence to support conclusions about human behavior
- Ability to express sensitive, well-organized, accurate and clear conclusions about human behavior using professional writing conventions in the behavioral sciences
- Develop empathy for people with different life experiences and worldviews through exploring multiple perspectives about human behavior
Want to Learn More?
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.446.8328 to learn more about the admission process or to schedule a visit.