Health and Wellness
As a leader in health care, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis is committed to your personal health and well-being. Taking care of your mental, emotional and physical health is an important part of your academic and professional success.
As you navigate classes, extracurricular activities, friends and much more, you will discover that strengthening your physical and mental health allows you to perform better academically and leaves you feeling more fulfilled.
Best of all, forming healthy habits now will set you up for success later in life. The University provides an environment to support, establish and maintain your health and well-being as a student.
- Academic Coaching: Improve your study habits, time management skills and test-taking abilities by working with an academic coach to establish a comprehensive plan for managing your work-life balance.
- Health Care Resources: There are many health care offices and specialists located near campus. Health care services include internal medicine, gynecology, orthopedics, psychiatry, sports medicine and more.
- Counseling Center: The Counseling Center provides you with a supportive environment where you and a counselor can identify effective strategies to cope with feelings and issues that seem beyond your control. Schedule an appointment on campus to discuss your feelings, relationship issues, mental health concerns and more. All appointments are confidential, free of charge and completely separate from your academic record.
- Fitness and Recreation: The Student Fitness Center is the perfect place to stay active in between classes, relieve stress and hang out with friends in a welcoming environment.
- Student Health Insurance: Students are required to carry health insurance coverage. Students may remain covered by an existing health insurance plan or enroll in a University-sponsored plan. To alleviate the stress of searching for individual health insurance plans, students who are not enrolled in an existing health insurance plan may enroll through the University-sponsored plan.
If you are looking for a specific resource you don't see listed above, contact the Office of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.