Skip to content

veterans benefits

University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy works with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to administer benefits to eligible students. 

The Office of Financial Aid processes VA forms required for educational benefits, advises student veterans on procedural requirements and certifies the enrollment of benefit recipients to the VA. 

Am I Eligible for Veterans Benefits? 

Before using VA benefits at the University, all veterans and dependents must provide documentation of eligibility. For veterans, submit your documentation including your DD-214 and a certificate of eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid. For dependents, submit your certificate of eligibility and the United States Department of Defense authorization for transferred benefits form to the Office of Financial Aid.

Yellow Ribbon Program 

UHSP is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. This financial aid benefit was established for student-veterans or their dependents whose annual Post 9/11 GI Bill (chapter 33) allotment does not cover the full cost of their tuition and fees.

The Yellow Ribbon Program is an agreement between the VA and the University in which each party agrees to split the remaining cost.

Awards are made to qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.

Student-Veteran Responsibilities 

VA educational benefits are largely contingent on the recipient’s enrollment status.

Inaccurate or untimely enrollment reporting may result in an overpayment of benefit funds, in which the recipient may lose future eligibility, be referred to a private collection agency, and/or become ineligible for other federal payments (such as an income tax refund).

Student-veterans have the following responsibilities:

  • Maintain satisfactory progress toward your degree.
  • Notify the Office of Financial Aid every time you want to be certified.
  • Register only for courses required for your selected degree.
  • Do not register for courses for which you have already received a passing grade or credit, even if taken at another institution.
  • Notify the Office of Financial Aid if you add or drop a class, withdraw from classes, change your address, or deplete your VA educational benefits.

Fund Your Education

Unsure where to start? Our team is here to provide support and guide you through the process. Your high school counselor is also a great resource to connect you to community scholarships or programs that can help you fund your education.