Undergraduate Research Scholars
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program is designed to help spur students’ interest in innovation and research while pursuing their academic career. Students in this program will develop the habits, skills and attitudes required to be successful in creating new knowledge or translating it to other areas.
During the program, scholars will:
- Participate in mentor-led student research opportunities
- Apply the scientific method to study an area of interest
- Learn laboratory and other research skills
- Collect, analyze and interpret data
- Create a capstone project or presentation during their senior or P1 year
Before You Apply
Before you apply for the scholars program, you must submit:
- A completed Application for Admission to the University.
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Apply to Be a Scholar
To apply for the program once you have completed the above steps:
- Complete the Research Scholars Application
- Note: You will need your admission application log in credentials to access the scholars application.
- Attach an Application Essay (500-700 words)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation written by someone outside of your family who is familiar with your past volunteerism, dedication to your community or potential as an agent of change within your community.
- February 1: Deadline for all application materials
- February 19: Finalist notifications
- March 5: Interview Day
For questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 314.446.8167 or email@example.com.