History of the University
When University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis was founded in 1864 as St. Louis College of Pharmacy, it was the first college of pharmacy west of the Mississippi River.
Since then, the University has played an integral role throughout history in the advancement of health care education.
Through times of war, economic depression and pandemics, the University has persevered and triumphed with innovation, evolution and the pioneering spirit of its founding. The University’s constant pursuit of excellence, insatiable curiosity and commitment to its students and community have always been the guiding light for our growth and expansion.
From our historic founding in a rented classroom to the campus we call home on Pharmacy Place, we have stood firmly in our mission to educate and advance communities of discovery to foster a healthier society.