Apply for a Residency
All residency positions are filled according to the rules of the National Resident Matching Program. St. Louis College of Pharmacy at University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis utilizes the ASHP PhORCAS system for application to all of the affiliated residency programs.
Additional application instructions for any program at the VA St. Louis Health Care System can be found here.
The following material is required by PhORCAS for all applicants:
- Basic Demographics: Address, phone, email, race, citizenship, military status, academic history (e.g. additional degrees or other colleges attended), college of pharmacy from which they received their pharmacy degree, GPA.
- Verified Transcripts: One set is sent to the PhORCAS Transcripts Department; following verification, transcripts are uploaded to the candidate’s application.
- Letter of Intent: Why the applicant wants to do a residency and specifically why your residency program.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three References: References will be provided using the standardized reference template in PhORCAS. The system requires three references and can accept a maximum of four references. University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis-affiliated programs have individualized requirements for whom they would like to complete reference forms. Please review the information updated in their program description on this website or at the ASHP Residency Directory.
- Extracurricular Information: Applicants must enter into PhORCAS extracurricular activities, awards, leadership roles, presentations, publications, work experience and volunteer/community service, if applicable. This allows programs to sort for individuals who have completed some of these types of activities.
ASHP and NMS Directory Information
|ASHP Code||NMS Code|
|PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Sites|
|PGY1 Community - Walgreens Pharmacy||64014||203022|
|PGY1 Pharmacy Programs|
|PGY1 Pharmacy - Mercy Hospital||64004||186013|
|PGY1 Pharmacy - VA St. Louis||64800||249513|
|PGY2 Ambulatory Care - Dept. Health||64019||687865|
|PGY2 Ambulatory Care - St. Mary's||64006||653065|
|PGY2 Infectious Diseases - VA St. Louis||64023||707455|
|PGY2 Internal Medicine - VA St. Louis||64450||598256|