Premier Biomedical Community
The University is located on nine acres in the Washington University Medical Campus, one of the nation’s leading biomedical complexes.
Central West End
The Washington University Medical Campus is in the heart of the Central West End (CWE) neighborhood. The pedestrian-friendly CWE is home to a youthful collection of local shops, restaurants, bars, salons, and other businesses, tucked within a historic residential district.
Just blocks from the University you’ll find the Cortex Innovation District, known as “the Midwest’s premier innovation hub of bioscience and technology research, development and commercialization.”
Our location helps us create partnerships and research centers that offer educational, research and practice opportunities. It also adds to the energetic culture on campus that promotes innovation and leadership.
It’s a setting few colleges of pharmacy in the world can rival.
Our location will give you opportunities to learn and practice through hands–on experiences and rotations in internationally recognized health care institutions.
Medical Center Institutions:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Goldfarb School of Nursing at Barnes-Jewish College
Cortex Biotech Organizations and Resources:
- BioGenerator Accelerator Labs
- Cofactor Genomics
- DuPont Nutrition & Health – Protein Solution
- FDA Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis
The University is creating and expanding research opportunities for both students and faculty. We have established several research centers, with plans for more.
- Center for Clinical Pharmacology
- Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education at Washington University Medical Campus
- Office of Research on Aging