Members of the UHSP Community Recognized at IPhA and MPA Annual Convention
Published on 04 November 2021
Several members of the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis community received awards during the Illinois Pharmacists Association (IPhA) and Missouri Pharmacy Association (MPA) Annual Convention, held Oct. 21-24 in downtown St. Louis. The joint conference united pharmacy professionals from across Missouri and Illinois who gathered for a variety of educational and networking opportunities.
During the conference, IPhA and MPA each recognized the outstanding efforts of Illinois and Missouri pharmacists through the presentation of a variety of awards. Among the award winners were a number of individuals from the UHSP community.
- Illinois Bowl of Hygeia – J Christopher Lynch, B.S. ’92, Pharm.D. ’93, director of clinical programs at the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Pharmacy
- Illinois Pharmacist of the Year – Michelle Dyer, B.S. ’98, owner of Michelle’s Pharmacy in Bunker Hill, Carlinville and Gillespie, Illinois
- IPhA Foundation Lifetime Service Award – Byron Berry, B.S. ’74, owner of Pharmacy Plus Inc, which is comprised of seven full-line pharmacies, three traditional pharmacies and four remote dispensing pharmacies
- In addition, Jennifer Rosselli-Lynch, B.S. ’02, Pharm.D. ’03, assistant professor of pharmacy practice at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, was sworn in as the 141st president of IPhA. Rosselli-Lynch is the eighth female to be named president of the association.
- Incoming President’s Award and National Community Pharmacists Association Pharmacy Leadership Award – Curt Wood, B.S. ’90, RPh, BCGP, FASCP, founder and president of Elder Care Pharmacy Consultants LLC
- Missouri Bowl of Hygeia – Salim (Sam) Tadrus, B.S. ’63, president and CEO of Sam’s Healthmart Pharmacies
- UHSP Faculty Member of the Year – Alicia Forinash, B.S. ’00, Pharm.D. ’01, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP, professor of pharmacy practice at St. Louis College of Pharmacy at UHSP
- UHSP Student of the Year – Kensey Hunt, B.S. ‘19
“Congratulations go out to the outstanding UHSP alumni, students and faculty who have been recognized by IPhA and MPA,” said David D. Allen, RPh, Ph.D., president of the University. “These individuals have each made incredible contributions to advance the profession of pharmacy and improve patient care, and we thank them for their dedicated service.”