Preview Day to Give Students a Virtual Campus Experience
Published on 07 October 2020
Preview Day has long been a staple for prospective students of University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis, helping them gain valuable insight on life at UHSP and offering a way for them to connect with students, faculty and staff during their college search.
This fall, Preview Day will be held in an expanded, virtual format with three dates for students to choose from:
- Saturday, Oct. 17 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 from 5-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 from 5-8 p.m.
“Although we are moving to a virtual landscape for Preview Day this fall, the event is still invaluable for prospective students,” said Jill Gebke, director of admissions. “Students will be able to learn why UHSP is the perfect place to launch their career in health care through discussions with faculty, current students and our admissions team.”
The events will start with a conversation about the admissions process at UHSP before students move into breakout sessions.
During the breakout sessions, students will be able to learn more about UHSP’s undergraduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences and the pharmacy pathways within St. Louis College of Pharmacy. They will also have the opportunity to get information about financial aid and scholarships.
October’s Preview Day will conclude with a special live campus presentation and panel discussion featuring members of the UHSP community including:
- Heather French, Ed.D., vice president for student affairs
- Jill Harter, director of athletics, fitness and recreation
- Eric Knoll, Ph.D., vice president of operations
- Jeramia Ory, Ph.D., associate professor of biochemistry and undergraduate health professions advisor
- Ehren Bucholtz, Ph.D., professor of chemistry, and assistant dean and director of the Master of Science in Medicinal Chemistry program
- Dan Stiffler, director of financial aid
- Tricia Berry, Pharm.D., BCPS, assistant dean of student academic affairs and professor of pharmacy practice
This fall’s expanded virtual Preview Day is just one of many ways UHSP has broadened virtual event offerings for prospective students in the past few months. Other virtual events have included virtual campus tours, transfer talks, one-on-one financial aid counseling sessions and live Q&As with admissions, financial aid, academic advising, student development and other offices across campus.
To explore additional campus visit opportunities, check out uhsp.edu/visit.