Refunds of Tuition and Fees
Withdrawal Date Refund
Students who withdraw from all classes will receive a refund based on the following withdrawal schedule:
- During first or second week of classes: 100% refund
- During third or fourth week of classes: 80% refund
- During fifth or sixth week of classes: 60% refund
sixthweek of classes: no refund
Federal student aid recipients receive financial aid refunds as determined by the Office of Financial Aid based on federal Title IV regulations.
Refunds for Dropped Courses
All full-time students
If individual courses are dropped, only those students who were assessed tuition on a per credit hour basis may receive a refund for the dropped course(s). The amount of a refund for a dropped course is determined by the University’s withdrawal refund schedule.
Refunds are available when a credit balance exists on an account. This refund is less any fees owed to the University. Students are notified by email when their refund is available.
Housing Contract Cancellation
Residence hall contracts cover the entire academic year (both fall and spring semesters) and can be canceled only in the event of enrollment termination or marriage. The procedure is as follows:
- Request for housing contract cancellation must be submitted in writing to the director of facilities operations.
- If contract cancellation is approved, a refund will be made on a prorated basis.
- No refunds are granted after 60 percent of the semester has elapsed.
- If payments are being made under the deferred payment plan and the refundable amount, based on the above schedule, is less than the unpaid balance, the difference is due to the University.
- The amount of the refund will be applied to any outstanding obligation due to the University before a refund check is authorized.
For questions, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 314.446.8167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.