Faculty and Staff Biography
Ph.D. Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (2012)
M.S. Biology, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (2006)
B.S. Zoology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale (2004)
My work spans a variety of topics incluing ecology, populaton genetics and natural history, with an emphasis on applied conservation research.
- Measuring Biodiversity Along an Urban-Rural Gradient in the Greater St. Louis Area
- Amphibian Population Surveys at Tyson Resesarch Center
- Conservation Genetics of Spotted Turtle in Illinois
For more information about my research please visit:
Current Courses, Activities, and Scholarly Interest
I currently teach the introductory biology sequence (BIOL-1111 and BIOL-1112), but my interests include ecology, conservation and herpetology.
I am also involved with the Undergraduate Research Scholars program and have offered special topics courses in research for credit.
- Douglas, M. R., W. J. B. Anthonysamy, S. M. Mussmann, M. A. Davis, W. Louis, and M. E. Douglas. 2020. Multi-targeted management of upland game birds at the agroecosystem interface in Midwestern North America. PLoS ONE 15: e0230735. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0230735.
- Baker, S. J., W. J. B. Anthonysamy, M. A. Davis, M. J. Dreslik, M. R. Douglas, M. E. Douglas, and C. A. Phillips. 2018. Temporal Patterns of Genetic Diversity in an Imperiled Population of the Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake (Sistrurus catenatus). Copeia 106:414–420.
- Anthonysamy, W. J. B., M. J. Dreslik, M. R. Douglas, D. Thompson, G. M. Klut, A. R. Kuhns, D. Mauger, D. Kirk, G. A. Glowacki, M. E. Douglas, and C. A. Phillips. 2017. Population genetic evaluations within a co-distributed taxonomic group: a multi-species approach to conservation planning. Animal Conservation 21: 137–147.
- Mussmann, S. M, M. R. Douglas, W. J. B. Anthonysamy, M. A. Davis, W. Louis, S. Simpson, M. E. Douglas. 2017. Genetic Rescue of the Greater Prairie Chicken (Galliformes), a Conservation-Reliant Icon in the Anthropocene. Royal Society Open Science: DOI 10.1098/rsos.160736
- Regmi, B, M. R. Douglas, W. J. B. Anthonysamy, M. E. Douglas, and P. L. Leberg. 2016. Influence of salinity and hydrologic barriers on genetic structure of the mosquitofish in a coastal landscape shaped by climate change. Hydrobiologia: DOI 10.1007/s10750-016-2786-7
- Sullivan, B. K., J. M. Walker, J. E. Cordes, M. A. Davis, W. J. B. Anthonysamy, K. O. Sullivan, J. R. Sullivan, M. R. Douglas, and M. E. Douglas. 2014. Conservation and management of polytypic species: The little striped whiptail complex (Aspidoscelis inornata) as a case study. Copeia 3:519-529.
- Anthonysamy, W. J. B., M. J. Dreslik, M. R. Douglas, N. K. Marioni, and C. A. Phillips. 2014. Reproductive ecology of an endangered turtle in a fragmented landscape. Copeia 3:437-446.
- Anthonysamy, W. J. B., M. J. Dreslik, D. Mauger, and C. A. Phillips. 2014. A Preliminary Assessment of habitat partitioning in a freshwater turtle community at an isolated preserve. Copeia 2:269-278.
- Anthonysamy, W. J. B., M. J. Dreslik, and C. A. Phillips. 2013. Disruptive Influences of Drought on the activity of a freshwater turtle. American Midland Naturalist 169:322-335.
I enjoy running, hiking and traveling!