Faculty and Staff Biography
Doctor of Pharmacy, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Pharmacy
PGY1 Community Practice Residency, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Pharmacy (Residency Site: Balls Food Stores)
Clinical activities in the community pharmacy and ambulatory care settings: chronic care management, remote physiological management, medication therapy management, immunizations, transitions of care, and point-of-care testing.
Increasing Human Papilloma Virus Vaccination Rates
Quality Improvement on an OSCE Station
A Survey Exploring Knowledge, Perceptions, and Practices of Healthcare Providers Regarding Generic Drugs
ORIGINAL RESEARCH, PEER-REVIEWED, POSTER AT A NATIONAL MEETING
Cain J, Karpman L, Kehl K, Took R, Steppleman A, Tennyson N. Assessing Risk of Burnout and Mental Wellness in Missouri Community Pharmacists. Poster presentation at the American Pharmacists Association Online Annual Meeting. May 2020.
Patterson L, Karpman L, Kehl K, Took R, Kojima P, Tennyson N. Evaluation of Community Pharmacists’ Ability to Identify and Address Mental Health Warning Signs in Patients. Poster presentation at the American Pharmacists Association Online Annual Meeting. May 2020.
Gattas NM, Jeon M, Took RL, Vineyard G. Impact of Student Pharmacists on Patient Care During a 5-week Community Pharmacy APPE Rotation. AACP Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, July 2019.
Helm K, Took R, Brooks A, Karpman L, Badger K, Elam B, Kehl K, Smith L, Steppleman A, Tennyson N. Evaluation of the Duties of a Full-Time Medication Therapy Management Coordinating Pharmacist and Overcoming Pharmacists’ Barriers to Medication Therapy Management. Poster presentation at the American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington. March 2019.
NON-RESEARCH, PEER-REVIEWED, PRESENTATION AT INTERNATIONAL MEETING, INVITED
Took R. Tools for Providing Effective Patient Counseling and Other Roles of a Pharmacist. Beijing Pharmaceutical Association Annual Meeting, Beijing, China. December 2019.
NON-RESEARCH, PEER-REVIEWED, NATIONAL PRESENTATION
Took RL, Wooster J. Implementing Transitions of Care Services in the Outpatient Setting. American Pharmacists Association- Academy of Pharmacy Practice & Management Transitions of Care Special Interest Group. Webinar. June 2020.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2020 St. Louis College of Pharmacy Preceptor of the Year Award Finalist
2020 St. Louis College of Pharmacy Haberle Award Finalist
2019 Missouri Pharmacy Association’s Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
2019 Missouri Pharmacy Association’s Young Pharmacist Leadership Retreat
2018 St. Louis College of Pharmacy Advisor of the Year
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND SERVICE
Academia-CPESN Transformation (ACT) Pharmacy Collaborative- Active
- 2019- Present: ACT Champion for St. Louis College of Pharmacy
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- 2020: Expert Reviewer for Shared Clinical Decision Making and Pneumococcal Vaccine Project
Transitions of Care SIG
- 2020- Present: Co-Chair, Transitions of Care Communication Committee SIG
- 2019- 2020: Co-chair, Transitions of Care Practice Committee SIG
- 2018- Present: Member, Transitions of Care Communication Committee SIG
- 2017- Present: Member, Transitions of Care Practice Committee SIG
Medication Management SIG
- 2019- Present: Member, Medication Management SIG Project 8 Workgroup
- 2019: APhA-APPM Annual Meeting Poster Presentation Merit Award Judge
Illinois Pharmacist Association (IPhA)
- 2020: MPA/IPhA Joint Meeting abstract reviewer
- 2019: IPhA Annual Meeting CPE presentation reviewer
- 2018: IPhA Annual Meeting CPE presentation reviewer
- 2018: IPhA Annual Pain Pre-Conference Meeting CPE presentation reviewer
International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- 2019- Present: Young Pharmacist Group (YPG) member
- 2019- Present: Academic Pharmacy Section (AcPS) member
Missouri Pharmacist Association (MPA)
- 2019- Present: Board of Directors, Member-at-Large
- 2019- Present: Membership Committee Chair
- 2019: MPA Annual Meeting CPE presentation reviewer
- 2019- Present: Legislative Committee Member
- 2019- Present: Professional Affairs Committee Member
- 2019: Co-lead for Legislative Preparation Subcommittee
- 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020: Continuing Education Committee Member
- 2018: Volunteer for MPA Annual Membership Drive
Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA)
- 2019- Present: St. Louis College of Pharmacy Academic Institution Representative
- 2019- Present: Academic Affairs Committee
- 2017: Hepatitis C Measure Update (ACC/PMT)
When I'm not visiting Kansas City, I love spending time with my husband, traveling, exploring new restaurants and keeping active (running, biking and yoga).