Faculty and Staff Biography
Doctor of Pharmacy from The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy
Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences from The University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy
Two-year Pharmacotherapy Residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Areas of specialty include information mastery, internal medicine, and infectious diseases outcomes research.
- Teshome BF, Vouri SM, Hampton NB, Kollef MH, Micek ST. Evaluation of a ceiling effect on the association of new resistance development to antipseudomonal beta-lactam exposure in the critically ill. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020;41(4):484-85.
- Bultas AC, Teshome B, Richter SK, Schafers S, Cooke E, Call WB. Use of nonselective β-blockers in patients with end-stage liver disease and select complications. Ann Pharmacother. 2020;54(6):583-93.
- Teshome BF, Vouri SM, Hampton NB, Kollef MH, Micek ST. Duration of exposure to antipseudomonal β-lactam antibiotics in the critically ill and development of new resistance. Pharmacotherapy. 2019; 39(3):261-70.
- Vouri SM, Kebodeaux CD, Stranges PM, Teshome BF. Adverse events and treatment discontinuations of antimuscarinics for treatment of overactive bladder in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2017;69:77-96.
- Teshome BF, Lee GC, Reveles KR, Attridge RT, Koeller J, Wang C, Mortensen EM, Frei CR. Application of a methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus risk score for community-onset pneumonia patients and outcomes with initial treatment. BMC Infect Dis. 2015;15:380.
- Teshome BF, Reveles KR, Lee GC, Ryan L, Frei CR. How gaps in the regulation of compounding pharmacy set the stage for the multistate fungal infection outbreak. J Am Pharm Assoc. 2014;54(4):441-5.