The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Data Science provides students with a broad skill set that is highly sought after by employers. Emphasizing computer science and statistics, the program empowers students to utilize data driven competences to thrive in a booming digital industry.
To see a sample plan of study, download the Data Science program profile.
About the Program
With a bachelor’s degree in data science, you can jump-start your career as a data scientist, business intelligence analyst, information technology officer, web developer, big data solutions architect, machine learning engineer and more.
You can even tailor the degree to match your passions and career goals through multiple emphasis areas, including:
- Behavioral Science
- Customized Specialization
In our data science program, you’ll build the skills you need to succeed. After completing the program, students will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the ways in which big data and data analytics apply to various fields, including business, public health, sports and more.
- The ability to design quantitative experiments and use critical thinking to ask questions of large data sets.
- The ability to select and use machine learning algorithms to solve both computational and real world problems.
- An understanding of the properties and uses of a wide range of data structures.
- Robust skills in developing data visualizations that are clear and valuable to non-technical stakeholders.
- The ability to complete a full data analytics workflow, from exploratory data analysis to final conclusions.
- Skill in Python, SQL, Regular Expressions and other languages available to data scientists.
- An understanding of, and the ability to use with high skills, the core principles and techniques of data science and analytics.
- A strong understanding of the importance of checking for bias in data driven decision making.
- An understanding of data analytics and science jobs, and skill at the data science interview process.
- Robust linear algebra skills.
Want to learn more?
Ready to take the next steps?
Contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 314.446.8328 to learn more about the admissions process or to schedule a visit.