Academic Coaching and Tutoring
University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis is committed to supporting you in and out of the classroom. We provide you with the tools and resources necessary to help you achieve your greatest potential.
Our tight-knit community is a place where you can find comfort in seeking help and learning, and we are always ready to lend a helping hand.
Each student has different needs and possesses their own set of strengths and areas of growth. Our dedicated support staff instills confidence and empowers you to be your best self.
The University offers individual academic coaching for students who need a comprehensive plan for success. With support from our academic coaching team, students can learn to improve study habits, time management skills and test-taking strategies or learn to manage stress more effectively.
Below you can find a list of our annual programs.
- EutecTALKs: This student speaker series provides an additional method of academic support by addressing a variety of topics that impact students.
If you have questions about academic coaching, contact Rebecca Jones, assistant vice president for student affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.446.8352.
Tutoring provides additional academic support to students in specific classes at no cost. The University offers tutoring in several formats:
- Walk-In and Group Tutoring: Students registered for specific courses may attend any weekly group session offered.
- Small-Group Tutoring: Students enrolled in specific courses may register for a small group session. Group members meet weekly with a tutor to review course information. Groups are limited to seven students per group.
- Private Tutoring: Instructors or tutors may refer students to private tutoring services. Sessions are determined on an individual basis.
The STRIVE program provides access to integrative campus services designed to empower students to positively navigate their academic experience.
The program is open to freshmen and sophomore students seeking to reach their collegiate goals and be their best self both academically and personally.
By offering impactful academic engagement opportunities, STRIVE holistically supports students in setting and reaching their desired academic goals in an effort to promote student growth and retention.
Participation in the STRIVE program is tailored to individual student needs, but generally encompasses:
- Meeting with a STRIVE program team member.
- Creating an action plan for your success.
- Utilizing specific campus resources.
- Opportunity to participate in stress free events exclusively for STRIVE students.
If you have questions about email@example.com or 314.446.8195.contact Kim Hill, director of academic enrichment, at